Canadian Sales Executive
Accipiter Radar is hiring an outside Sales Executive for promotion of its products and services for aviation safety, critical infrastructure protection and public safety applications. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing, you will be responsible for the promotion, opportunity development and revenue bearing sales to private industry, provincial, territorial & federal government bodies throughout Canada.
With at least 5 years of proven business to business, and business to government sales, you will utilize your experience and contacts to develop opportunities for presentation, specification and negotiation leading to sales of Accipiter’s situational awareness and decision support surveillance systems for use in providing security and safety monitoring and alerting at critical infrastructure locations such as power generating stations, hydro-electric plants, prisons, ports and airports.
As the Sales Executive for the Canadian sales territory, you will travel coast to coast, meeting prospective customers, providing presentations & demonstrations and assisting customers with establishing system requirements and negotiating opportunities.
With the Vice President of Sales & Marketing you will work to develop new sales strategies as well as providing competitive feature and capability requirements and feedback from existing and prospective customers to assist in the continual development roadmap of our products.
You will form an integral part of the Accipiter sales team, interacting with department colleagues, attending monthly sales meetings online or at the corporate headquarters in Ontario, Canada.
The Sales Executive will develop a solid understanding of Accipiter’s products and services, our unique technologies and capabilities, and competitive advantages to leverage customer requirements leading to opportunity development and influence.
- Development of relationships leading to revenue bearing contract awards of Accipiter Radar’s products and services to both private industry and government entities in Canada
- Reach or exceed periodically assigned sales goals and revenue targets
- Cultivate a targeted list of customers within the designated sales territory
- Implement a top-down sales strategy targeting Presidents, CEOs, CFOs and responsible managers to convert prospects into clients
- Establish, book and attend meetings and deliver presentations to key decision makers throughout the territory
- Assist with the preparation of quotations, RFIs, RFQs, bids and tenders for sales opportunities developed or received within the territory.
- Attend conferences, exhibitions and other related events within the territory
- Attend monthly sales meetings online or at Accipiter’s Headquarters in Ontario, Canada as directed
- Comply with all reporting systems showing continual progress, developing a comprehensive and growing pipeline of opportunities and success planning for each.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Five or more years of outside B2B / B2G sales experience, with proven proficiency in prospecting, selling, technical presentation skills, territory management and meeting year over year sales quotas.
- Proven track record in sales of technology products including security systems, safety management systems, information technology products, software platforms or radar systems in Canada.
- Valid Driving License
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively throughout Canada and the US on occasions.
- Fluency in English language with French language proficiency a benefit.
Accipiter is an equal opportunity employer that employs qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or other prohibited grounds of discrimination. Accipiter encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Please notify us if accommodation is required at any stage in the application process.
Base salary + commission – based on experience
This position is open to Applicants located anywhere within Canada
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “Canada Sales”.
It is a prerequisite that the successful candidate is a Canadian Citizen or Canadian Permanent Resident, with the ability to acquire and maintain various personnel security clearances.
It is a prerequisite that the successful candidate be able at all times to legally enter and leave Canada by air and over land border for the purpose of attending exhibitions outside of Canada